… the prize packages for the Kilted to Kick Cancer fundraising challenge just got a lot sweeter. Dennis of Dragon Leatherworks has graciously offered a prize of his own to be added to the pot.
Our 2nd Place kilted fundraiser will get a custom Dragon Leatherworks Talon holster for their semiauto handgun, inlaid with their family tartan or the fabric of their choice.
Here's the specifics from Dennis:
- Holster Model: Talon
- Value (includes inlay work): $145
- Talon is designed for Semi-Autos only. Will not work with revolvers.
- The inlay will be of the same tartan pattern of the kilt of the winner, or they can select one of my regular skin offerings of Python, Stingray (no eye), or Ostrich.
That is one sweet holster, folks. The only reason it's not in our 1st place prize package is because we're already giving away custom gunleather to that winner, so these packages could really be considered 1 and 1a. Here's what you get for being second best at raising money for Kilted to Kick Cancer:
- A $250 gift certificate from Hornady Ammunition.
- Free registration to one of Todd Louis Green's handgun classes. Todd is one of the most highly regarded handgun trainers around, and he teaches all over the country. Check his site for upcoming classes in your area!
- $150 voucher off a new kilt ($300) from Kilt This, choice of one of their standard designs in your color choice, and one kilt chain.
- A custom Dragon Leatherworks Talon holster inlaid with your family tartan. *NEW*
Or I'd imagine, if you provided Deniss with a small enough swatch or logo to be used as an inlay, you could personalize it:
Stingray, that means you could be at gun school, wearing your new kilt from Kilt This, one of those wedding ring 1911's strapped to your hip, clad in a Talon holster inlaid with the Atomic Nerds logo, when Todd Louis Green comes up to you and says, "Say, that's some sweet gunleather ya got there!" and he'd be so impressed with the holster he'd forget to even ask why the hell you wore a kilt to gun school…
… or Jay G. could be wearing his Gold Cup .45 to the next Northeast Blogshoot, and his Talon inlay could be a tiny representation of a standard Q target, with all his hits in the white, and everyone would understand why…
… or DiverMedic could have a PADI symbol…
… or Medic Matthew could have a Star of Life…
… or Old NFO could have a tiny representation of his Old Farts Brigade patch inlaid there…
… or Alan could have a Monster Hunter International logo, since he's surely already got a Talon with the Vicious Circle inlay…
… or Ron could have have a smiling picture of me on his holster, since I'm the star of his podcast.
… or since I don't have a family tartan, I could just have the Kilted to Kick Cancer logo inlaid into mine, and next year I'll just open carry while kilted all through the month of September.
But if some enterprising blogger really wanted to win this, he'd just join Team Kilted To Kick Cancer at LiveStrong, put up a kilted pic on his blog, solicit donations, and then start feeding money into his donation account, keeping an eye on the standings to make sure he gets second place.
Because really, where else could you get a custom holster, free ammo, a combat handgun training class, and half-off a custom kilt, for likely less than half what you'd pay for all those things…
… and have it be tax deductible, to boot?