I finally drank the M&P Koolaid.
Gun: generic, 9mm
Since all the cool kids seem to be carrying a Smith & Wesson M&P, I decided to
follow the herd jump on the bandwagon get myself one too.
Gun, like new condition, in box with four magazines, grip inserts, no magazine disconnect, for only $400. An ED nurse friend of mine at a local hospital bought it for his wife, and apparently she didn't like it. Oh well, her loss is my gain.
As Husband In Law will attest, I've been wanting one of these babies ever since I fired a friend's M&P three years ago. And now, I haz one.
In the past 48 hours, I have:
- Sent off conference presentation proposals to three conferences, and ruled out half a dozen more because they weren't feasible.
- Finally arrived at a mutually disagreeable arrangement with Uncle Sam to pay off some back taxes.
- Made travel and hotel arrangements for the NRS Annual Meeting in St. Louis (I'll be covering it on the blog and on Police1.com).
- Made arrangements that should allow me to pay off some friends within the next couple of weeks.
- Had enough left over to buy myself the aforementioned playpurty.
I tell ya', this traveling and speaking gig wears me down and clogs the nozzle of the free ice cream machine way more than it should, but it has been kind to the bank account lately. I'm hoping that the relief of some of those financial stressors will translate into more productivity and more writing, and a little more enjoyment of life now that the conference season has hit the mid-spring and summer lull.
Now all I have to do is go hit up Apex Tactical for some upgraded innards for my new heater…